Various Artists Ananda Project: Relight
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: King Street-Nite Grooves
This two-disc retrospective, compiled by Ananda founder Chris Brann, serves as an exceptional overview of what the Atlanta-based collective has accomplished. Disc one is a tweaking of 2003‘s Morning Light in a continual 70-minute session. Brann works in his own tinkerings alongside efforts by Aquanote, Eric Kupper, and a standout translation of "I Hear You Dreaming" by Sade guitarist/producer Cottonbelly. Disc two spans the past seven years with other friends and features Kyoto Jazz Massive‘s heady d&b work on "Bahia," Wally Lopez‘s touch on Ananda hit "Cascades of Colour," and a mellow, lounge-ready mixdown of "Big Boat" by Brann. Sometimes new ways of seeing something old are as fresh as the original; Relight is a case in point.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player