Various Artists Ananda Project: Relight
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: King Street-Nite Grooves
This two-disc retrospective, compiled by Ananda founder Chris Brann, serves as an exceptional overview of what the Atlanta-based collective has accomplished. Disc one is a tweaking of 2003‘s Morning Light in a continual 70-minute session. Brann works in his own tinkerings alongside efforts by Aquanote, Eric Kupper, and a standout translation of "I Hear You Dreaming" by Sade guitarist/producer Cottonbelly. Disc two spans the past seven years with other friends and features Kyoto Jazz Massive‘s heady d&b work on "Bahia," Wally Lopez‘s touch on Ananda hit "Cascades of Colour," and a mellow, lounge-ready mixdown of "Big Boat" by Brann. Sometimes new ways of seeing something old are as fresh as the original; Relight is a case in point.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player