Various Artists Antologia De Musica Electr€nica Portuguesa
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Plancton
This document of Portugal's electronic composures (oddly enough) parallels-aesthetically and chronologically-the establishment and resurgence of New York's no-wave movement led by experimental composures like Glenn Branca. Isabel Soveral's sonic shots of blips and bleeps are countered by the warm lulls of the duo Telectu and the naturalistic storm sounds of Emanuel Dimas de Melo Pimenta. This antologia captures Portugal's earliest experiments in sound (1972) as well as its most recent innovators (1997) and puts the country on the avant-garde map.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player