Various Artists Antologia De Musica Electr€nica Portuguesa
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Plancton
This document of Portugal's electronic composures (oddly enough) parallels-aesthetically and chronologically-the establishment and resurgence of New York's no-wave movement led by experimental composures like Glenn Branca. Isabel Soveral's sonic shots of blips and bleeps are countered by the warm lulls of the duo Telectu and the naturalistic storm sounds of Emanuel Dimas de Melo Pimenta. This antologia captures Portugal's earliest experiments in sound (1972) as well as its most recent innovators (1997) and puts the country on the avant-garde map.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player