Various Artists Antologia De Musica Electr€nica Portuguesa
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Plancton
This document of Portugal's electronic composures (oddly enough) parallels-aesthetically and chronologically-the establishment and resurgence of New York's no-wave movement led by experimental composures like Glenn Branca. Isabel Soveral's sonic shots of blips and bleeps are countered by the warm lulls of the duo Telectu and the naturalistic storm sounds of Emanuel Dimas de Melo Pimenta. This antologia captures Portugal's earliest experiments in sound (1972) as well as its most recent innovators (1997) and puts the country on the avant-garde map.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsApplescal Readies 'Mirage' EP for Atomnation, Shares New Track
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player