Various Artists Antologia De Musica Electr€nica Portuguesa
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Plancton
This document of Portugal's electronic composures (oddly enough) parallels-aesthetically and chronologically-the establishment and resurgence of New York's no-wave movement led by experimental composures like Glenn Branca. Isabel Soveral's sonic shots of blips and bleeps are countered by the warm lulls of the duo Telectu and the naturalistic storm sounds of Emanuel Dimas de Melo Pimenta. This antologia captures Portugal's earliest experiments in sound (1972) as well as its most recent innovators (1997) and puts the country on the avant-garde map.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player