Various Artists Atlantiquity
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Atlantic-Rhino
Compiled by Garth Trinidad of "Chocolate City" (KCRW) radio fame, Atlantiquity places soulful jewels from the Atlantic Records vaults in the hands of a varied group of remixers, from Vikter Duplaix to Jurassic Five turntablist DJ Nu-Mark. (Despite the appearance of SA-RA Creative Partners and the Platinum Pied Pipers, who bring heat on Kleer‘s "Tonight‘ and Faze-O‘s "Riding High," respectively, it does not have anything to do with Ubiquity Records). The results are a predictably mixed bag, from Kev Brown‘s masterfully subtle take on The Spinners‘ "I‘ll Be Around" to a rather uninspiring revamp of Yusef Lateef‘s "Nubian Lady" by Metisse (Trinidad with partner Mr. French).
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player