Various Artists Atlantiquity
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Atlantic-Rhino
Compiled by Garth Trinidad of "Chocolate City" (KCRW) radio fame, Atlantiquity places soulful jewels from the Atlantic Records vaults in the hands of a varied group of remixers, from Vikter Duplaix to Jurassic Five turntablist DJ Nu-Mark. (Despite the appearance of SA-RA Creative Partners and the Platinum Pied Pipers, who bring heat on Kleer‘s "Tonight‘ and Faze-O‘s "Riding High," respectively, it does not have anything to do with Ubiquity Records). The results are a predictably mixed bag, from Kev Brown‘s masterfully subtle take on The Spinners‘ "I‘ll Be Around" to a rather uninspiring revamp of Yusef Lateef‘s "Nubian Lady" by Metisse (Trinidad with partner Mr. French).
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player