Various Artists Bass Odyssey: Ragga Party Mash Up
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: N20
Peeps speak of the Jamaica/London connection, or the Jamaica/New York connection, but rarely do they hype the Jamaica/L.A. link. Well, N20, which operates out of Melrose Avenue, is out to change that with this continuous set. Released on a label that holds jungle and dancehall in equal regard, this CD is a hardcore pum pum mix that plays like one long track with cuts and mash-ups from Elephant Man, Beenie Man, Sizzla, and DJ Starscream from Slipknot (!). Assembled by Bass Odyssey, a crew well versed in the soundclash, the energy level stays on overdrive for the disc's entirety.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player