Various Artists Belle et Fou Soundtrack: Compiled By Jazzanova
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Sonar Kollektiv
Berlin's six-man production juggernaut Jazzanova hits a high point in their 12-year career with, of all things, a soundtrack to a German cooking show. Better still, 11 of the collection's 19 tracks are unreleased. The group's signature stutter beat is joined with gaudy '70s soul strings on the title theme while, contrastingly, "Am I Losing You" is an understated orchestral instrumental; these guys are showing range. The other artists present (Forss, Outlines, Micatone, and Wahoo) also accomplish soulful, eclectic maneuvers. But the album belongs to the Berlin sextet's masterful cinematic jazz, evidenced on the Rhodes-led "Behold These Days." Grab your fork-Jazzanova is serving the main course.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player