Various Artists Bip-Hop Generation Vol. 7
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Bip-Hop
In Bip-Hop's latest Generation, there lies a mysterious boiler room. Heard through the furnace's din are the mournful murmuring of a piano and a Chinese folk string instrument-all serving as a blues for China: sweatshop to the world. Beijing's Fm3 makes their international debut here with haunting sounds in their tracks, "P.Pa" and "Zheng." Just as intriguing is Janek Schaefer's musique concrete sketchpad of urban noises, along with Fonica's feedback and drone symphonics. Elsewhere, Taylor Deupree still gold-pans for clicks 'n' cuts, Ghislain Poirier provides eyelid movies for B-boys, and Emisor concocts robotic funk that nearly flunks its cha-cha lessons.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player