Various Artists Bip-Hop Generation Vol. 7
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Bip-Hop
In Bip-Hop's latest Generation, there lies a mysterious boiler room. Heard through the furnace's din are the mournful murmuring of a piano and a Chinese folk string instrument-all serving as a blues for China: sweatshop to the world. Beijing's Fm3 makes their international debut here with haunting sounds in their tracks, "P.Pa" and "Zheng." Just as intriguing is Janek Schaefer's musique concrete sketchpad of urban noises, along with Fonica's feedback and drone symphonics. Elsewhere, Taylor Deupree still gold-pans for clicks 'n' cuts, Ghislain Poirier provides eyelid movies for B-boys, and Emisor concocts robotic funk that nearly flunks its cha-cha lessons.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player