Various Artists Box of Dub: Dub Step and Future Dub
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Soul Jazz
Soul Jazz follows up its '06 entry into dubstep with a compilation that grabs half a dozen of the scene's most successful producers and throws in some great tracks from a few sideline observers. Both of Scuba's tunes chug along darkly, tapping the dark '80s side of dub, while Kode9 and Digital Mystikz bring a more introspective vibe, and Burial pulls off brilliant-sounding liquid D&B at dubstep tempo. The best surprises come from the outsiders like Tuning Spork's Jay Haze and Michael Ho, who flip the script with choppy rhythms for Paul St. Hilaire to lilt over, and Kevin Martin, who comes with Wordsound-style darkness under his King Midas Sound moniker.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player