Various Artists Box of Dub: Dub Step and Future Dub
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Soul Jazz
Soul Jazz follows up its '06 entry into dubstep with a compilation that grabs half a dozen of the scene's most successful producers and throws in some great tracks from a few sideline observers. Both of Scuba's tunes chug along darkly, tapping the dark '80s side of dub, while Kode9 and Digital Mystikz bring a more introspective vibe, and Burial pulls off brilliant-sounding liquid D&B at dubstep tempo. The best surprises come from the outsiders like Tuning Spork's Jay Haze and Michael Ho, who flip the script with choppy rhythms for Paul St. Hilaire to lilt over, and Kevin Martin, who comes with Wordsound-style darkness under his King Midas Sound moniker.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player