Various Artists Box of Dub: Dub Step and Future Dub
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Soul Jazz
Soul Jazz follows up its '06 entry into dubstep with a compilation that grabs half a dozen of the scene's most successful producers and throws in some great tracks from a few sideline observers. Both of Scuba's tunes chug along darkly, tapping the dark '80s side of dub, while Kode9 and Digital Mystikz bring a more introspective vibe, and Burial pulls off brilliant-sounding liquid D&B at dubstep tempo. The best surprises come from the outsiders like Tuning Spork's Jay Haze and Michael Ho, who flip the script with choppy rhythms for Paul St. Hilaire to lilt over, and Kevin Martin, who comes with Wordsound-style darkness under his King Midas Sound moniker.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player