Various Artists Break Reform:New Perspectives
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Abstract Blue
Break Reform showed us the humanity of raw UK street soul with their debut LP, Fractures. New Perspectives lovingly revisits cuts from that collection, while offering up previously unavailable dubs and remixes. "What Do You Do" philosophizes over what should be gotten out of life, while angular, but relaxed, beats tussle with calming keys. Meanwhile, Nwachukwu's remix of "When It Came" is a startling and bold overhaul, with fizzing synths, passionate keys and vocals that cry out for answers. Although not as essential as Fractures, this collection should still be high up on the shopping list for any lover of untamed emotion.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player