Various Artists Break Reform:New Perspectives
- Words: Jon Freer
- Label: Abstract Blue
Break Reform showed us the humanity of raw UK street soul with their debut LP, Fractures. New Perspectives lovingly revisits cuts from that collection, while offering up previously unavailable dubs and remixes. "What Do You Do" philosophizes over what should be gotten out of life, while angular, but relaxed, beats tussle with calming keys. Meanwhile, Nwachukwu's remix of "When It Came" is a startling and bold overhaul, with fizzing synths, passionate keys and vocals that cry out for answers. Although not as essential as Fractures, this collection should still be high up on the shopping list for any lover of untamed emotion.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player