Various Artists Brothers On The Slide: The Story Of UK Funk
- Words: Rico "Superbizzee" Washington
- Label: Discotheque-Sanctuary
Just when you thought England was funk impaired, Discotheque shuttles in 18 juggernauts to blow your wig and change your mind. Importing musical cues from stateside pioneers, the groups here stir in their native African and Caribbean influences for flavor. The set mixes usual suspects like Cymande, Labi Siffre, and Average White Band with more obscure outfits such as Black Velvet and The Equals. Replete with liner notes, interviews, photos, and a gang of gnarly funk, this is a must for collectors and connoisseurs of groove. Star cut: Madeline Bell‘s rare gator funk jam "Comin‘ Atcha," produced by Led Zeppelin bassist John-Paul Jones.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player