Various Artists Bucolique Vol. 2
- Words: Sean O'Neal
- Label: Arbouse
This French label, based in Montrozier, delivers a mixed bag of serene electronic frolic and abstract experimentalism designed to complement your collection of Warp and Morr Music discs. The 17-tracker gently commences with Pimmon's shoegazing ambient wash, like falling asleep on a secluded beach at sunset. It's followed by playfully adorable glitch tunes from Designer and Gel, before EU dives deep into Orb-y atmospherics. Sybarite, dDamage and Marumari deliver laid-back rhythms touching on blip-hop and mellow IDM, before the album evolves through dreamy, beatless drone from Yellow6, Velma and Ramon Carda and closes with sweet guitar-laden pop from Ma Ch»rie For Painting, Thousand & Bramier and Girls in Hawaii.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player