Various Artists Bucolique Vol. 2
- Words: Sean O'Neal
- Label: Arbouse
This French label, based in Montrozier, delivers a mixed bag of serene electronic frolic and abstract experimentalism designed to complement your collection of Warp and Morr Music discs. The 17-tracker gently commences with Pimmon's shoegazing ambient wash, like falling asleep on a secluded beach at sunset. It's followed by playfully adorable glitch tunes from Designer and Gel, before EU dives deep into Orb-y atmospherics. Sybarite, dDamage and Marumari deliver laid-back rhythms touching on blip-hop and mellow IDM, before the album evolves through dreamy, beatless drone from Yellow6, Velma and Ramon Carda and closes with sweet guitar-laden pop from Ma Ch»rie For Painting, Thousand & Bramier and Girls in Hawaii.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player