Various Artists Bucolique Vol. 2
- Words: Sean O'Neal
- Label: Arbouse
This French label, based in Montrozier, delivers a mixed bag of serene electronic frolic and abstract experimentalism designed to complement your collection of Warp and Morr Music discs. The 17-tracker gently commences with Pimmon's shoegazing ambient wash, like falling asleep on a secluded beach at sunset. It's followed by playfully adorable glitch tunes from Designer and Gel, before EU dives deep into Orb-y atmospherics. Sybarite, dDamage and Marumari deliver laid-back rhythms touching on blip-hop and mellow IDM, before the album evolves through dreamy, beatless drone from Yellow6, Velma and Ramon Carda and closes with sweet guitar-laden pop from Ma Ch»rie For Painting, Thousand & Bramier and Girls in Hawaii.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player