Various Artists The Bug vs. The Rootsman Razor X Productions Killing Sound
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Rephlex
This long-awaited CD compiles four previously released singles from The Bug and adds six new ones. The MCs are impeccable; some big names (Cutty Ranks, Daddy Freddy), some Bug favorites (He-Man, Warrior Queen), and some powerful and new all make appearances. It‘s the massive head-fuck of a record The Bug was hoping to make, drawing from his dancehall, industrial, techno, and dub roots, with waves of joyous distortion mashed up and filtered through gruff-throated politics. The whole thing is topped off with a second CD of versions that drops most vocals and piles on an extra layer of warp and clatter. Mind-melting.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player