Various Artists The Bunny
- Words: David Katz
- Label: Jet Star
Bunny Lee is a legendary figure in Jamaica. Seen as a "godfather" for everyone from ska veterans such as Derrick Morgan and Slim Smith to ragga roughnecks like King Kong and Beenie Man, he is known as "Striker" because so many of his productions have hit big. This four CD, 101-track retrospective of his ‘60s and ‘70s work is heavy on musical quality, featuring enduring productions with singers like Cornell Campbell, Johnny Clarke, and Pat Kelly; many tracks are presented with companion sides featuring deejays U Roy, Alcapone, and Tapper Zukie. The only real problem comes on the few numbers mastered from noise-ridden vinyl. Overall, it‘s a thrilling musical ride.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player