Various Artists Buzzin‘ Fly Vol. 2
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Astralwerks
Ben Watt is so consistently good reviewing him feels too easy-and this house disc is no exception. Here Watt finds that rare balance between awareness and abandon. The ultra-smooth segue of the intro-which melds parts of the Watt-penned "Williamsburg or Harlem" into the deep house-meets-Jamaican vocals of Jerk House Connection‘s "New York Style"-sets the tone for the disc, which showcases Watt‘s considerable DJ skills. He nails both the mixing and programming, with tracks like DJ T.‘s electro "Time Out" and Nookie‘s lusher "Better Love" culminating in a return to the comp‘s opening track.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player