Various Artists Chris De Luca Vs. Phon.o: Shotgun Wedding Vol. 7
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Violent Turd
New Zealand-based Violent Turd has yet to miss a beat in the Shotgun Wedding series–each one different than the last-and this seventh volume is no exception. The first mix is former Funkstorungian Chris de Luca crunking out and glitching up three dozen hip-hop jams-Missy, Luda, Kelis, Diddy, and more leftfield additions Traxamillion vs. Autechre, Edit, Krazy Baldhead-with lots of his own tweaks. Serious bounce. Phon.o goes for uptempo dance with chunky instrumentals from Stereotyp, Diplo's Bmore cuts, his own crunchy synth productions, and a healthy dose of Justin Timberlake. It's a great preview of the two artists' influences as the world awaits their original album. For a good time, call De Luca and Phon.o!
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player