Various Artists Clicks & Cuts 4
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Mille Plateaux Media
After flirting with bankruptcy, Mille Plateaux Media returns with more tantalizing lab experiments. Clicks & Cuts 4 features 16 tracks by C&C standbys and interesting newcomers. Slightly more than half the disc consists of dance tracks (by Frank Elting, Eight Frozen Modules, Ultra-Red, Hakan Lidbo, Ido Gouvrin); the producers set up obstacles for themselves so things don‘t flow too smoothly, creating fascinating friction that enlivens ye olde 4/4. The other half of the album contains mostly involving, eerie headphone ambience that elaborates on the C&C template, with Tilman Ehrhorn and Twerk bringing in some welcome jazz spice. This is a big improvement over 2002‘s Clicks & Cuts 3.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player