Various Artists Clicks & Cuts 4
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Mille Plateaux Media
After flirting with bankruptcy, Mille Plateaux Media returns with more tantalizing lab experiments. Clicks & Cuts 4 features 16 tracks by C&C standbys and interesting newcomers. Slightly more than half the disc consists of dance tracks (by Frank Elting, Eight Frozen Modules, Ultra-Red, Hakan Lidbo, Ido Gouvrin); the producers set up obstacles for themselves so things don‘t flow too smoothly, creating fascinating friction that enlivens ye olde 4/4. The other half of the album contains mostly involving, eerie headphone ambience that elaborates on the C&C template, with Tilman Ehrhorn and Twerk bringing in some welcome jazz spice. This is a big improvement over 2002‘s Clicks & Cuts 3.
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player