Various Artists Cloud Control
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Broken Fader Cartel
Lock up your laptops, there's an old-fashioned '96 IDM revival happening-in North Carolina! Spread across 15 tracks, Cloud Control is both a survey and blender of the history of experimental electronic music, with this upstart label referencing and reformulating myriad highlights of the last 15 years of the noodly, cryptically named genre. From Tudikas Wayne Hunnicutt's ephemeral dreamscapes to a grime-dripped Amen splatter from subQtaneous, the distinct vision of each particular artist is maintained throughout. Cloud Control is an auspicious debut from an unlikely place.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player