Various Artists Compost Black Label Series Vol. 2
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Compost
Compost built a name as a superlative label for warm, jazzy house; its Black Label series, which launched two years ago, is a marked departure: a blend of tech, funk, and disco, targeted like a dancefloor missile. One thing remains the same-the quality. The 12-inches collected here groove dark and relentless, with unflagging energy. There's so much that's good it's hard to pick a standout: The full sound of the Windy City house-inspired "Chicago"? The squelchy acid of "Lazise"? The uptempo cover of Robert Armani's classic "Circus Bells"? Why waste your time picking favorites when they're all white-hot?
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player