Various Artists Copehagen Dancefloor Classics II
- Words: Fitz Gitler
- Label: Murena
Think of the dancefloors of the rare groove scene of the '80s, with dancers strutting to the finest of jazz, funk and Latin tunes, and you'll have a good idea where compilers DJ Wunderbaum and Master Fatman are coming from. Since Copenhagen served as a longtime haven to many expatriate American jazz musicians-including Kenny Drew and Dexter Gordon-the origin should come as no surprise. What's surprising is the quality, depth and variety of these tracks, recorded in Denmark by musicians of all nations between the '60s and the '80s. A shining testament to the history of the Danish scene.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player