Various Artists Cre`me Organization Presents You Bet We've Got Something Personal Against You
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Global Darkness
Talk about the perfect soundtrack for the disenchanted youth of America: this is the stuff all troubled teenagers should listen to. If today's DAF-obsessed, NIN- and Skinny Puppy-referencing hipsters were to do it all over again, they'd be drawn to this double-disc set. A substantial number of tunes collected here are stiff, herky-jerky retro-futuristic electro numbers, from the bald, Miss Kittin-on-testosterone number "Sur Une Cigarette" by It & My Computer, to the twisted synthesized funk of Macho Cat Garage's "Nightbirds" and Rude 66's ghettofied take on Miami bass on "Nerves of Steel." Not for everyone, but that's part of the appeal, right?
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player