Various Artists Cre`me Organization Presents You Bet We've Got Something Personal Against You
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Global Darkness
Talk about the perfect soundtrack for the disenchanted youth of America: this is the stuff all troubled teenagers should listen to. If today's DAF-obsessed, NIN- and Skinny Puppy-referencing hipsters were to do it all over again, they'd be drawn to this double-disc set. A substantial number of tunes collected here are stiff, herky-jerky retro-futuristic electro numbers, from the bald, Miss Kittin-on-testosterone number "Sur Une Cigarette" by It & My Computer, to the twisted synthesized funk of Macho Cat Garage's "Nightbirds" and Rude 66's ghettofied take on Miami bass on "Nerves of Steel." Not for everyone, but that's part of the appeal, right?
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player