Various Artists CTM: Club Transmediale
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Rx:Tx
CTM documents Berlin's annual Club Transmediale festival of experimental music, and some of the ancient sounds found herein manage to achieve a grace that no laptop or damaged guitar can touch. The string solo on "Atabat," by Syrian classical masters The Omar Souleyman Band, has a taunting trickster's voice in its bewitching chords, which were perhaps just as arresting centuries ago as they are today. Some standouts include O.S.T.'s haunting string drones on "Synken," Frivolous' ring-a-ding-ding microhouse, and Like a Tim's spaced-out Atari 5200 acid-techno. But at times, the kitchen-sink eclecticism leaves an uneven mess, and a glib and skuzzy death-metal and noisecore element vandalizes CTM.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player