Various Artists Cute And Cult: Mixed By Agoria
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Different-Play It Again Sam
Attempting to create a singular, slightly cartoonish environment, Sebastien Devaud has previously said his Agoria alter ego exists in a world "without right angles, where forms and atmospheres aren‘t rigid." For his first mix album, however, Devaud introduces right angles via a door turned 90 degrees and used as a table for a trio of decks, a mixer and a loop machine. Devaud feeds tracks by the likes of Angelo Badalamenti, Carl Craig, Swayzak and Radiohead into his machines, forging a mix that is busy, distinct and full of character. Still, the inclusion of Iggy Pop‘s‘ "Nightclubbing" seems a disruptive misstep, however droll it might be.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player