Various Artists Cute And Cult: Mixed By Agoria
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Different-Play It Again Sam
Attempting to create a singular, slightly cartoonish environment, Sebastien Devaud has previously said his Agoria alter ego exists in a world "without right angles, where forms and atmospheres aren‘t rigid." For his first mix album, however, Devaud introduces right angles via a door turned 90 degrees and used as a table for a trio of decks, a mixer and a loop machine. Devaud feeds tracks by the likes of Angelo Badalamenti, Carl Craig, Swayzak and Radiohead into his machines, forging a mix that is busy, distinct and full of character. Still, the inclusion of Iggy Pop‘s‘ "Nightclubbing" seems a disruptive misstep, however droll it might be.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player