Various Artists Dødpop Vol. 1
Skweee is still strange to many ears, but that’s a shame given all the attention wonky and Flying Lotus are getting, given that the ideas are similar—only skwee turns the synthesizer knob up to 11. Dødpop is the newest label on the Scandinavian “Conflict R&B” scene, and its output is pure genius. Label stalwarts Beatbully and Sprutbass turn in an impressive myriad of jerky beats and crazy filtered synths, all bathed in a hip-hop feel. Fulgeance and Sadat X also offer credible performances, but it’s the relatively unknown artists who truly shine, from Melkeveien’s “Yo!” to Daniel Savio's smoother “Smokeless Fire.”
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player