Various Artists Dødpop Vol. 1
Skweee is still strange to many ears, but that’s a shame given all the attention wonky and Flying Lotus are getting, given that the ideas are similar—only skwee turns the synthesizer knob up to 11. Dødpop is the newest label on the Scandinavian “Conflict R&B” scene, and its output is pure genius. Label stalwarts Beatbully and Sprutbass turn in an impressive myriad of jerky beats and crazy filtered synths, all bathed in a hip-hop feel. Fulgeance and Sadat X also offer credible performances, but it’s the relatively unknown artists who truly shine, from Melkeveien’s “Yo!” to Daniel Savio's smoother “Smokeless Fire.”
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player