Various Artists Dimitri from Paris Presents Cocktail Disco
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: BBE
It looks like our friend finally got evicted from the Playboy Mansion. It was for the best-entertaining an octogenarian sultan and his harem with disco magic can be depressing. A decade ago, Dimitri made hipsters smile ironically with the splendors of French-themed lounge and psychedelia of the '60s. Here he indulges in '70s orchestral disco that befits naptime for cruise-line drunks. Standouts: the J. Elliott Group's bastardization of Martin Denny's exotica classic "Quiet Village" and Charlie's Roots' disco for the guy who's crying alone on a beanbag chair. Dimitri's mix grows middle-aged, but the music opens up ripe fantasies of the good times that you never had in the Me Decade.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player