Various Artists Disco Undead
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Device
Sometimes the best horror movie soundtrack is flat, soulless, and nauseous. The music gives you dry heaves, not screams. Disco Undead nails that point in its collection of ‘70s Italian horror flick soundtracks and John Carpenter scores revised as cute electro-pop fodder. To hear bedroom bores on vintage Rolands and Korgs trying to emulate the bloodied fingerprints of filmmakers Dario Argento and Lucio Fulchi is amusing at best. However, Solenoid retains the Suspiria theme‘s ungodliness and Le Syndicat/Electronique reminds us why Afrika Bambaataa sampled Carpenter‘s synth-funk from Assault on Prescient 13.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player