Various Artists DJ Drez: The Capture Of Sound
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Battle Axe
If you liked Madlib's Shades of Blue and recent releases from Variable Unit, you'll probably be feeling DJ Drez's latest: while The Capture of Sound is no Bitches Brew, it beats the hell out of your average lounge-music-with-a-4/4-beat. Apart from Drez's smoky instrumentals, the album's strength is that it highlights West Coast underground standard-bearers. Aceyalone pounds it on "Last Show," Medusa's "Funk Infected" will convert the uninitiated and Dr. Oop's flows are damn sexy on "The Prescription."
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player