Various Artists DJ Hell: Misch Masch
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Fine.
Ask Munich-based DJ Hell what best complements a dandy on the decks and the scarf-clad International DeeJay Gigolo might easily respond, "Nothing too constrictive." For this is the unspoken mantra of Hell's two discs of sleek mixes and remixes. Even at his most squelchy-Literon's "Machine 1," Huntemann's "37º," Dave Clarke's "Dirtbox"-Hell flows more flirty than feisty, save perhaps for his electro-haus take on Johannes Heil and Human Resource. Hell's selections (Åme, B12, Chelonis R. Jones, Justice vs. Simian) function more as searchlights than strobe lights, panning rhythmically rather than buffeting erratically.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player