Various Artists DJ-Kicks: Daddy G
- Words: Tamara Warren
- Label: !K7
Daddy G. crystallized Massive Attack's departure into unexplored beat technology. The longtime DJ's smoothed-out sound is a primer for Massive Attack fans' rare collection essentials. It's a gritty journey, launching with Willie William's classic reggae joint "Armageddon Time," and then moving into Melaaz's eerie French croons on "Non Non Non." Tricky's unreleased "Aftermath" and Massive Attack's "Karma Koma" are sexy surprises. Massive Attack and Mos Def pop delicious on "I Against I," easing into Danny Krivit's remix of Aretha Franklin's "Rock Steady." Packed with funkdafied Massive Attack remixes, abstract beatseekers will be appeased by Daddy G's dreamlike sequencing.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player