Various Artists DJ-Kicks: Daddy G
- Words: Tamara Warren
- Label: !K7
Daddy G. crystallized Massive Attack's departure into unexplored beat technology. The longtime DJ's smoothed-out sound is a primer for Massive Attack fans' rare collection essentials. It's a gritty journey, launching with Willie William's classic reggae joint "Armageddon Time," and then moving into Melaaz's eerie French croons on "Non Non Non." Tricky's unreleased "Aftermath" and Massive Attack's "Karma Koma" are sexy surprises. Massive Attack and Mos Def pop delicious on "I Against I," easing into Danny Krivit's remix of Aretha Franklin's "Rock Steady." Packed with funkdafied Massive Attack remixes, abstract beatseekers will be appeased by Daddy G's dreamlike sequencing.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player