Various Artists Djinji Brown Presents Uncle Junior's Fish Fry
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Uncle Junior
If you're looking for a microscopic inspection of one narrow genre, head elsewhere. If you're seeking to expand your mind along the lines of hip-hop, soul, Afro-beat and broken, step inside the Fish Fry. Producer Djinji Brown brings his experience working with the likes of Tribe Called Quest and his upbringing with ethno-jazz sax player Marion Brown as a father to bear on a house party-style jam that drops Afronaught's massive "Transcend Me" alongside DJ Spinna, Peven Everett, and the super-funk of Brass Construction's "Movin."
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player