Various Artists Down Santic Way
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Pressure Sounds
One likkle sampling of this ital platter and you‘ll be wondering where this dub treasure was all your life. Leonard Chin may not have invented echo on the drums, heavy heavy descending basslines that suddenly drop, or the Jah-inspired vocal riffing, but between 1973 and 1975 this producer‘s label (Santic Way) was as good as the best. And why not? Just look at the players: Augustus Pablo gives you his emotional melodica and exceptional xylophone; Freddie McKay was an underrated Rocker; and Jah Lloyd‘s deejay voice is legendary.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player