Various Artists Drop the Lime vs. Syrup Girls: Shotgun Wedding Vol. 4
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Violent Turd
Ghetto-house, gutterbreakz, and other guttural exhalations adhere together like pursed lips suctioning sweat-beaded skin on this "two-sided" coupling of New York producer Drop the Lime and LES DJs Syrup Girls (in the interest of disclosure, half of which is XLR8R editor Vivian Host). DTL‘s unrelenting 42-minute pitch-and hell-bent dubstep is as condensed and grimy as all five boroughs. Meanwhile, Syrup Girls‘ 38 syncopated standout minutes of 4x4 grime, Bmore club, and bubbly bass are viscous yet brisk, splattered with cum-ons and poppin‘ off. Muggy and at times almost gunmetal-grim clanging on side A, raunchy and steely strut on side B, Shotgun Wedding Vol. 4 fires at a crackin‘ clip.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player