Various Artists Eccentric Soul: The Prix Label
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Numero Group
The Numero Group's latest archival dig, from Columbus, Ohio's Harmonic Sounds Studio's Prix label, contains 19 tracks of forgotten, soul-driven gems. Atop these dusty demos are quiet croons by Marion Black ("Listen Black Brother"), Joe King ("Speak On Up"), and Soul Ensemble ("Melon Jelly"). The project's highpoint is "You Are Mine", a skeletal demo by Eddie Ray, which bleeds affection, sadness, and charm. The recordings here are dynamic, down-to-earth, and come with insightful liner notes detailing their unique histories. Eccentric Soul: The Prix Label is a time capsule that remains just as loud and spirited as when its contents were recorded 30-some years ago. Wonderful stuff.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player