Various Artists Ed Rec Vol. 2
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Ed Banger-Vice
Run by Daft Punk manager/DJ Pedro Winter (a.k.a. Busy P), French label Ed Banger mostly goes for concise, maximalist dancefloor impact, without being monolithic about it. Here, potential breakout artist Uffie pushes ghetto-debutante electro rap for people who think Peaches beats around the bush. Justice's three-day-stubble-ruff tech-electro is the comp's most DJ-friendly specimen, its thuggish glam funk extrapolating on Homework's template, as does Mr. Flash with more Glitter Band girth. Ed Banger is essentially about high and low frequencies-the ones that reflexively inspire you to raise your hands and lower your morals. Like its predecessor, Ed Rec Vol. 2 is bravura party music with a lewd yet charming French accent.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player