Various Artists Elektrabel: For Various Reasons
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: 6277
The artist-development branch of Jeff Mills‘ Axis label, 6277 is fitted with its first full-length LP complements of Czech Republic technician Tomas Hartl (Elektrabel), who has been the imprint‘s dominant voice thus far. For Various Reasons confirms the label‘s directional success; Hartl delivers an outstanding double-disc techno array hardwired with brass-tax sequencing and a polished factory edge. Tracks like "Ampule" and "Crocks" serve it up with precision-machined 909 drum programming and cold, hard analog synth robotics while "Count To 18" and "Personal" target the cortex with surgical minimalism and morphing atmospheric cycles. This mission is a go.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player