Various Artists Elektrabel: For Various Reasons
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: 6277
The artist-development branch of Jeff Mills‘ Axis label, 6277 is fitted with its first full-length LP complements of Czech Republic technician Tomas Hartl (Elektrabel), who has been the imprint‘s dominant voice thus far. For Various Reasons confirms the label‘s directional success; Hartl delivers an outstanding double-disc techno array hardwired with brass-tax sequencing and a polished factory edge. Tracks like "Ampule" and "Crocks" serve it up with precision-machined 909 drum programming and cold, hard analog synth robotics while "Count To 18" and "Personal" target the cortex with surgical minimalism and morphing atmospheric cycles. This mission is a go.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player