Various Artists Elektrabel: For Various Reasons
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: 6277
The artist-development branch of Jeff Mills‘ Axis label, 6277 is fitted with its first full-length LP complements of Czech Republic technician Tomas Hartl (Elektrabel), who has been the imprint‘s dominant voice thus far. For Various Reasons confirms the label‘s directional success; Hartl delivers an outstanding double-disc techno array hardwired with brass-tax sequencing and a polished factory edge. Tracks like "Ampule" and "Crocks" serve it up with precision-machined 909 drum programming and cold, hard analog synth robotics while "Count To 18" and "Personal" target the cortex with surgical minimalism and morphing atmospheric cycles. This mission is a go.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player