Various Artists Elektronische Musik-Interkontinental 4
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Traum
While Kompakt explores the pop-and-dancefloor side of minimal techno, Traum‘s Elektronische Musik posse takes micro into the quiet nighttime and finds a cheerfully mellow side to the music. Adam Kroll hits us early with "Aeugler," a space-dub-inflected chugger that breaks into a sprightly melody before fracturing into schaffel-icious bits. A few tracks vanish into tastefulness fit for a Pier One store soundtrack, but all 11 minutes of Nathan Fake‘s "Dinamo" are compelling, from the Herbert-ish cut-up blips and mechanical stops and starts to the climactic acid storm. Well-crafted and occasionally brilliant listening for the post-dancefloor wee hours.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player