Various Artists Elektronische Musik-Interkontinental 4
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Traum
While Kompakt explores the pop-and-dancefloor side of minimal techno, Traum‘s Elektronische Musik posse takes micro into the quiet nighttime and finds a cheerfully mellow side to the music. Adam Kroll hits us early with "Aeugler," a space-dub-inflected chugger that breaks into a sprightly melody before fracturing into schaffel-icious bits. A few tracks vanish into tastefulness fit for a Pier One store soundtrack, but all 11 minutes of Nathan Fake‘s "Dinamo" are compelling, from the Herbert-ish cut-up blips and mechanical stops and starts to the climactic acid storm. Well-crafted and occasionally brilliant listening for the post-dancefloor wee hours.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player