Various Artists Exercise.003: Klute
- Words: Chris Muniz
- Label: Breakbeat Science
By all accounts, London-based American producer Klute's cheekily titled imprint Commercial Suicide has been anything but a suicidal venture. Rather, Klute's ability to bring together the very best of a wide range of drum & bass artists from around the world has helped push the imprint to elite status. Mixing up a proper selection of past, present and future releases, this mix CD (released as What Price Will You Pay? in the UK) contains top-notch contributions from artists like Hive, John Tejada, Amit, Concord Dawn and Zero Tolerance. Klute proves able to represent heavier, more complex vibes alongside straight rinse-out killers, a quality that will steer the label further into essential territory.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player