Various Artists Fabric 14: Stacey Pullen
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Fabric
Stacey Pullen is the funkiest of the Detroit veterans, in part because he strays far outside the confines of pure techno. In fact, Fabric 14 is primarily a house thing, dabbling in tribal patterns, disco loops and crispy tech flavors. Pullen covers all the bases with panache, moving from Pure Science's shimmering, filter-laden "Get It Back" to Moodyman's nostalgic '70s rub "Music People" and the guitar-happy noodle of Solid Groove's "Flookin'." But Pullen doesn't ever reach a peak here, spending more time in the flanged-out upper registers than on the classic Midwestern dancefloor thump he's known for.
- MP3Chrissy Murderbot "Alright (Calculon & Austin Speed Remix)"
- NewsListen to a Reversed Version of Boards of Canada's New Single
- NewsListen to the New Single from Boards of Canada
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Ikonika
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Four Tet, Daft Punk, Disclosure, Mount Kimbie, Boards of Canada, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player