Various Artists Fabric 14: Stacey Pullen
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Fabric
Stacey Pullen is the funkiest of the Detroit veterans, in part because he strays far outside the confines of pure techno. In fact, Fabric 14 is primarily a house thing, dabbling in tribal patterns, disco loops and crispy tech flavors. Pullen covers all the bases with panache, moving from Pure Science's shimmering, filter-laden "Get It Back" to Moodyman's nostalgic '70s rub "Music People" and the guitar-happy noodle of Solid Groove's "Flookin'." But Pullen doesn't ever reach a peak here, spending more time in the flanged-out upper registers than on the classic Midwestern dancefloor thump he's known for.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player