Various Artists Fabric 14: Stacey Pullen
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Fabric
Stacey Pullen is the funkiest of the Detroit veterans, in part because he strays far outside the confines of pure techno. In fact, Fabric 14 is primarily a house thing, dabbling in tribal patterns, disco loops and crispy tech flavors. Pullen covers all the bases with panache, moving from Pure Science's shimmering, filter-laden "Get It Back" to Moodyman's nostalgic '70s rub "Music People" and the guitar-happy noodle of Solid Groove's "Flookin'." But Pullen doesn't ever reach a peak here, spending more time in the flanged-out upper registers than on the classic Midwestern dancefloor thump he's known for.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player