Various Artists Fabric 19: Andrew Weatherall
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Fabric
Weatherall goes light on the bass and gets, well, acidic, on the Fabric series‘ latest bouncy techno venture, a quirky but strong zinc rope of a set that links the snotty, lustful electro of Sexual Harassment‘s "I Need a Freak" to tweakier tech depths, and then brings things back to the surface with Steve Bug‘s "That Kid," a track that rocks back and forth on its heels. Weatherall zips from record to record with a swift and admirable economy, and what you end up with is a mix that‘s a fleet-footed, dizzy game of hopscotch.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player