Various Artists Fabric 19: Andrew Weatherall
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Fabric
Weatherall goes light on the bass and gets, well, acidic, on the Fabric series‘ latest bouncy techno venture, a quirky but strong zinc rope of a set that links the snotty, lustful electro of Sexual Harassment‘s "I Need a Freak" to tweakier tech depths, and then brings things back to the surface with Steve Bug‘s "That Kid," a track that rocks back and forth on its heels. Weatherall zips from record to record with a swift and admirable economy, and what you end up with is a mix that‘s a fleet-footed, dizzy game of hopscotch.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player