Various Artists Fabric 35: Ewan Pearson
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Fabric
Though known for his production and remixes for the likes of Goldfrapp, Gwen Stefani, and Tracey Thorn, Brit Ewan Pearson's not exactly a slouch on decks either, as he proved on 2005's mix album Sci.Fi.Hi.Fi. Pearson's installment for the Fabric series is low-key and layered, with bare but relentless percussion underpinning vocals that are heavily treated into mechanized coolness, even when they show some soul (as on "Samim," from Paspd featuring Big Bully). Pearson's mixing is as understated and finely honed as his programming, for sleek results that get better and better with every listen.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player