Various Artists Fabric 35: Ewan Pearson
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Fabric
Though known for his production and remixes for the likes of Goldfrapp, Gwen Stefani, and Tracey Thorn, Brit Ewan Pearson's not exactly a slouch on decks either, as he proved on 2005's mix album Sci.Fi.Hi.Fi. Pearson's installment for the Fabric series is low-key and layered, with bare but relentless percussion underpinning vocals that are heavily treated into mechanized coolness, even when they show some soul (as on "Samim," from Paspd featuring Big Bully). Pearson's mixing is as understated and finely honed as his programming, for sleek results that get better and better with every listen.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player