Various Artists Fabric 35: Ewan Pearson
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Fabric
Though known for his production and remixes for the likes of Goldfrapp, Gwen Stefani, and Tracey Thorn, Brit Ewan Pearson's not exactly a slouch on decks either, as he proved on 2005's mix album Sci.Fi.Hi.Fi. Pearson's installment for the Fabric series is low-key and layered, with bare but relentless percussion underpinning vocals that are heavily treated into mechanized coolness, even when they show some soul (as on "Samim," from Paspd featuring Big Bully). Pearson's mixing is as understated and finely honed as his programming, for sleek results that get better and better with every listen.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player