John Tejada Fabric 44
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Fabric
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
As the minimal techno onslaught continues to lull dancefloors to sleep, it’s nice to see a legend like John Tejada step up and show everyone where the genre should be going. Fabric 44 is yet another high-quality entry in the celebrated mix series, and it finds Tejada seamlessly blending track after track of high-energy, electro-infused techno. Not surprisingly, the mix includes several synth-heavy entries from his own Palette label, although when Tejada does reach for something he didn’t have a hand in producing, it’s always an ace selection like Orbital’s playful classic “Fahrenheit 303.” Precise without being boring, fun without being silly, Fabric 44 is a techno blueprint well worth following.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player