John Tejada Fabric 44
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Fabric
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
As the minimal techno onslaught continues to lull dancefloors to sleep, it’s nice to see a legend like John Tejada step up and show everyone where the genre should be going. Fabric 44 is yet another high-quality entry in the celebrated mix series, and it finds Tejada seamlessly blending track after track of high-energy, electro-infused techno. Not surprisingly, the mix includes several synth-heavy entries from his own Palette label, although when Tejada does reach for something he didn’t have a hand in producing, it’s always an ace selection like Orbital’s playful classic “Fahrenheit 303.” Precise without being boring, fun without being silly, Fabric 44 is a techno blueprint well worth following.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsHear Seven Davis Jr Remix Martyn
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player