Various Artists Fabric Live 13: J Magik
- Words: Vivian Host
- Label: Fabric
Infrared label head and erstwhile Metalheadz pin-up boy J Magik delivers a mix for Fabric that bounces up and down like a crazy fairground ride. An excellent document of the current jump-up revival sound, the tightly wound rhythms flow from Tali's uplifting "High Hopes" through the brilliant techno/rave madness of Baron and Total Science's "Monkey See Monkey Do," from Hold Tight's housey stormer "925" through the awesome punk rock pounding of Dillinja's "Fast Car." Maximum bassline pressure for home, car or carnival.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player