Various Artists Fabric Live 13: J Magik
- Words: Vivian Host
- Label: Fabric
Infrared label head and erstwhile Metalheadz pin-up boy J Magik delivers a mix for Fabric that bounces up and down like a crazy fairground ride. An excellent document of the current jump-up revival sound, the tightly wound rhythms flow from Tali's uplifting "High Hopes" through the brilliant techno/rave madness of Baron and Total Science's "Monkey See Monkey Do," from Hold Tight's housey stormer "925" through the awesome punk rock pounding of Dillinja's "Fast Car." Maximum bassline pressure for home, car or carnival.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player