Various Artists Fabric Live 13: J Magik
- Words: Vivian Host
- Label: Fabric
Infrared label head and erstwhile Metalheadz pin-up boy J Magik delivers a mix for Fabric that bounces up and down like a crazy fairground ride. An excellent document of the current jump-up revival sound, the tightly wound rhythms flow from Tali's uplifting "High Hopes" through the brilliant techno/rave madness of Baron and Total Science's "Monkey See Monkey Do," from Hold Tight's housey stormer "925" through the awesome punk rock pounding of Dillinja's "Fast Car." Maximum bassline pressure for home, car or carnival.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player