Various Artists Fabriclive 17: Aim
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Fabric
Aim (producer Andy Turner) was once photographed leaping from a dilapidated jetty in the pouring rain near his home in the UK's Lake District. It was an appropriately apposite image, locating Turner and his music outside of hip-hop's usual urban environment and obsessions. Turner bookends this adorable mix album with tracks from Grand Central label mates Tony D and Fingathing. In between, the DJ draws on melodic hip-hop and rare funk from the likes of The Village Callers, A Tribe Called Quest and Lewis Parker. But, nicely, Turner also underpins the set with a curious pastoralism, directing the mood via James Yorkston's rustic folk and Boards of Canada's bucolic electronica.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player