Various Artists Fabriclive.20: Joe Ransom
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Fabric
Making a claim as an heir to Norman Jay‘s feel-good missives and musical history lessons, Joe Ransom‘s mix of party-friendly beats on Fabriclive 20 exemplifies his future forward approach. Ransom‘s track selection, a modern British block party where island rhythms mingle with hip-hop and dusty grime tracks, paves the way for a hassle-free, head-nodding set. Dizzee Rascal, Ty, and M.I.A. are all invited, and Ransom‘s cuts and deft mixes keep the party running without overheating. The first half doesn‘t let up, and the moment when the brash Evil Ed party anthem "Nico Suave" blends with the dusty bassline of Ali B‘s "No New Style" is sublime.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player