Various Artists Fabriclive.20: Joe Ransom
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Fabric
Making a claim as an heir to Norman Jay‘s feel-good missives and musical history lessons, Joe Ransom‘s mix of party-friendly beats on Fabriclive 20 exemplifies his future forward approach. Ransom‘s track selection, a modern British block party where island rhythms mingle with hip-hop and dusty grime tracks, paves the way for a hassle-free, head-nodding set. Dizzee Rascal, Ty, and M.I.A. are all invited, and Ransom‘s cuts and deft mixes keep the party running without overheating. The first half doesn‘t let up, and the moment when the brash Evil Ed party anthem "Nico Suave" blends with the dusty bassline of Ali B‘s "No New Style" is sublime.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player