Various Artists Fabriclive: John Peel
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Fabric
It's a CD. It's also a tombstone. A tombstone, rapturously signifying the utter, total, complete death of the DJ mix album. They're done. All the good ones have been made; don't buy any more. No offense to good John Peel, the people's DJ from Liverpool, cool enough for kids and adults alike, whose decadently eclectic taste in music runs the gamut from punk to noise to Motown, and has found ardent fans on BBC's Radio One for years. But here, his charming interspersed banter is absent from this truly eclectic, yet slammed-together selection. Why bother when you can stream his show from BBC.com?
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player