Various Artists Flava/Project X
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: VP
From the important Stateside dancehall mecca of Jamaica Queens, New York, comes the Lady G-produced Flava riddim and Shaggy cohort Phillip Smart's Project X. Both installments solidify dancehall's control over all things innovative, electronic and new jack, while delivering heavy-hitting toasting from Sizzla, Vybz Cartel, Capleton, Bounty Killer and Lady Saw, among others. Watch the females on Flava, as Lady G, Lady Saw, and Macka Diamond come correct like jewels on the mic, and General B slams a flow that's sure to move heads on "No Punch Lines." Meanwhile, Mad Anju and Capleton up the ante on Project X. These releases set up what will surely be another explosive and remarkable year for dancehall.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player