Various Artists Fourthcity 14
- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Fourthcity
With the looming specter of a bygone era of grunge and the recent revitalization of Sub Pop, Seattle‘s electronic laptop provocateurs are often obscured by the city‘s rich rock history. However, Fourthcity 14, the recent compilation from the Seattle-based label and artist collective Fourthcity, exhibits a broad cluster of energetic producers who proudly display a myriad of digital influences. From the angular, industrial breaks of Former Selv‘s "Nichiyobi" to the sterile melancholy of Absolute Madman‘s "Requiem," the promising 18-track compilation forecasts clear skies ahead for a scene hidden by seemingly constant cloud cover.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player