Various Artists Fourthcity 14
- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Fourthcity
With the looming specter of a bygone era of grunge and the recent revitalization of Sub Pop, Seattle‘s electronic laptop provocateurs are often obscured by the city‘s rich rock history. However, Fourthcity 14, the recent compilation from the Seattle-based label and artist collective Fourthcity, exhibits a broad cluster of energetic producers who proudly display a myriad of digital influences. From the angular, industrial breaks of Former Selv‘s "Nichiyobi" to the sterile melancholy of Absolute Madman‘s "Requiem," the promising 18-track compilation forecasts clear skies ahead for a scene hidden by seemingly constant cloud cover.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player