Various Artists Freshly Composted Vol. 2
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Compos
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
For their 250th release, Compost, one of Europe's most consistent and crucial dance labels, has paired rare tracks previously available only on 12" with staples from the label's current roster. Aside from critical cuts like Muallem's cosmic edit of The Droids' "Shanti Dance," and Marsmobil's thump-heavy lounger "Mangia Amore," the extended remixes will send listeners into a sonic abyss. Need evidence? With Carl Craig's 10-minute take on Beanfield's "Tides," and the paranormal Todd Terje take on Felix Laband's "Whistling in Tongues," it's obvious the label deserves some hefty credit. In addition to the outer-orbit obscurities, there are a slew of nu-jazz and hip-hop contributions from acts like Harvey Lindo, Soil & Pimp, and Ben Mono, making Freshly Composted Vol. 2 as diverse as it is dynamic, offering treats for b-boys, disco freaks, and club kids simultaneously.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player