Various Artists Full Body Workout
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Get Physical
‘Bout ready to jack? Good, because these eight tracks are all about getting down. Catwash (Parisians DJ Wild and Christophe Carrier) kicks it off with banging acid and hand claps, while Sweden‘s Martinez gets ominous with a clicking that starts simple and jerky before building to a nicely swinging match of synth ping pong. Californian ex-pat Chelonis R. Jones builds a moody balance with vocal snatches and murky bass as the Afrilounge collective rocks the cowbell. Simple and sparse, none of these tracks will amaze with technical wizardry, but they are all devastating dancefloor tools. It ain‘t intellectual-it‘s Physical.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player