Various Artists Futurism Ain't Shit to Me
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Kitty Yo
Named after the Gonzales-penned jam "Futuristic Ain't Shit to Me," Kitty Yo's most recent compilation doesn't so much refute the Italian Avant-Garde movement it references as coin a phrase that just sounds fly. And why get lofty, when you can bounce to this? You get blunted glitch-hop in the form of Dabrye, tech-madness with Gold Chains & Sue Cie, and all manner of insanity with Shadow Huntaz, Aesop Rock, AGF, White Hole and a heap more. Funny thing is, it all sounds pretty, um, futuristic.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player