Various Artists Futurism Ain't Shit to Me
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Kitty Yo
Named after the Gonzales-penned jam "Futuristic Ain't Shit to Me," Kitty Yo's most recent compilation doesn't so much refute the Italian Avant-Garde movement it references as coin a phrase that just sounds fly. And why get lofty, when you can bounce to this? You get blunted glitch-hop in the form of Dabrye, tech-madness with Gold Chains & Sue Cie, and all manner of insanity with Shadow Huntaz, Aesop Rock, AGF, White Hole and a heap more. Funny thing is, it all sounds pretty, um, futuristic.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player