Various Artists Genocide In Sudan
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Waxploitation
The sweep of death and destruction in Sudan has been broad enough to move people across the world, so the range of artists on this album-the proceeds of which go to aid international aid agencies-makes sense. Admittedly, the track placement isn‘t always so cohesive-it is odd to hear the dubbed out "Truth and Rights" from Thievery Corporation right after the ragingly guitar-driven album opener, "N‹GUNS" from System of a Down. The result is an album that leaves eclectic in the dust (Yoko Ono, Bad Religion, The Pretenders [remixed] and X-ecutioners), but with Sudan so maimed, any help makes a difference.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player